Children and Young Adults represent the future of our community. By providing the support and opportunities to enable our youngest citizens to thrive we will create a more vibrant community for all of our residents.
What we envision:
- Children in Williamsburg will enter school ready to learn.
- Educational enrichment opportunities will be available and affordable for local children.
- Young adults will have opportunities for volunteering and employment in our community.
What we support:
- Early childhood development.
- Positive youth development through after school and summer enrichment programs.
- Educational and therapeutic programs to enrich the quality of life for children and young adults with special needs.
- Protecting children from abuse and neglect.
What we measure:
- Number of children and young adults served compared to number of residents in that age group.
- Types of opportunities offered.
What we know:
2016 National Kids Count Data Book
(Voices for Virginia’s Children)
Early Literacy Activities of Young Children
(National Center for Education Statistics)
Parents and the High Cost of Child Care: 2017
(Child Care Aware® of America)
Virginia Department of Social Services
(Local DSS Profile Report: data on social services clients and caseload, social services spending, staffing, population and poverty estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, unemployment rate, non-marital and teen births for each of the 120 local departments of social services (LDSS). Also includes statewide and regional data on some indicators.)
How to Contribute:- click here to contribute to the Community Fund for Children & Young Adults or call us at 757-259-1660 for more information.