Resources are available to improve the quality of health and well-being for all residents.
What we envision:
- Adult residents are connected to resources and services that meet their health, education, nutrition, physical fitness and safety needs regardless of their financial capacity.
What we support:
- Programs that improve the quality of life for lower income residents.
- Educational and therapeutic programs that enable adults with low literacy and special needs to more fully participate in community life.
- Direct support through local nonprofit providers for specific wellness needs, i.e. healthy meals, housing, transportation, etc.
- Support for other aspects of community life that improve wellbeing for area residents.
- Support for veterans and their families.
What we measure:
- How many clients are served.
- How the program enables residents to have a better quality of life going forward
What we know:
Health Literacy Fact Sheet
(Center for Health Care Strategies)
(U.S. Census Bureau)
A Guide to Community Health Data in Virginia (College of William and Mary)
The Status of Citizen Health in Greater Williamsburg - 2017 (Williamsburg Community Health Foundation)
Connecting Housing and Health in the Williamsburg Region (Williamsburg Community Health Foundation)
A Guide to Health & Human Services (Greater Williamsburg Network of Care)
Community Health Needs Assessment 2016 (Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital)
Profile of the Uninsured (Virginia Health Care Foundation)
Virginia Department of Social Services
(Local DSS Profile Report: data on social services clients and caseload, social services spending, staffing, population and poverty estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, unemployment rate, non-marital and teen births for each of the 120 local departments of social services (LDSS). Also includes statewide and regional data on some indicators.)
James City County Comprehensive Planning Website
(James City County is launching an ambitious effort to explore the vision for our community for the next 25 years.)
Local Departments of Social Services Profile - Virginia Department of Social Services
(The report includes “information about social services clients and cases, social services spending, staffing, socioeconomic data, & community health indicators for each of the 120 local departments of social services in Virginia.”)