Williamsburg Community Foundation of Offer Small Capacity Building Grants
WCF is pleased to announce a new grant opportunity! WCF will offer Capacity Building Grants of up to $1,500 to support small, emerging, and grassroots nonprofits that are working in our service area. We will prioritize funding to help the organization be more effective and sustainable in their work. Organizations may apply once per year. The goal of this grant is to strengthen organizations so that they can ultimately apply for larger grants. Therefore, capacity building grants will be prioritized for organizations that have not been funded by WCF in the past. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of this application via email and/or letter in mid-November.
- Must serve James City County, York County, and/or City of Williamsburg.
- Must serve one of the foundation’s priority areas: Arts & Culture, Children & Young Adults, Economic Mobility, Environment & Conservation, Health & Community Wellness, and Senior Services.
- Organizations must have an annual operating budget of under $50,000.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity, faith-based organization, or have a documented relationship with a fiscal agent who is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Must have been a 501(c)(3) nonprofit long enough to have submitted at least one Form 990 to the IRS.
- Grant expenditures may include anything that helps the organization become stronger and more sustainable, including but not limited to: conferences and training for volunteers, staff, or board members, technology/software/computer purchases, professional services, strategic planning, etc.
- Grants may not be used for fundraising events or capital campaigns.
Application Process: Apply Online. Awards will be announced after Nov. 16, 2023.
Deadline to Apply: Oct. 15, 2023
Questions? Please contact our office:
Ginny Gasink, Program Officer