Save the Date!
February 9, 8:30am – 12 noon (over ZOOM), no cost
Charitable Planning in 2021 is a free continuing education session presented virtually by Laura Hansen Dean, JD, with three modules:
- “How to Talk with Clients about Death and Taxes.” In this session the speaker will discuss how to engage with clients about the topic of death and taxes and how the current economic downturn may impact those conversations. Are there new planning options? Are there specific strategies that may be more relevant during market downturns?
- “Charitable Planning Process in the Time of the Coronavirus Epidemic.” In this session, the speaker will provide an overview of the charitable planning process. The speaker will also address the typical questions that arise in the planning process and how those questions may be different during an extreme economic crisis. In addition the speaker will cover the potential impact of a gift, when to make a gift, what assets to use and will discuss how charities may benefit from a gift.
- “Ethical Considerations in Talking with Clients about Charitable Giving Options.” This session will cover topics including potential biases in gift design, conflicts of interest, public policy issues and model standards of practice for the charitable gift planner.
Who should attend?
Estate Planning Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Certified Financial Planners, Bank Trust Officers, Insurance Agents and any other professional advisors interested in improving their chartable planning knowledge to build their private client practices.
Learning objectives include:
- Learn why cash may be one of best giving options for your client’s this year.
- Learn several ways to start estate planning conversations with your clients.
- List four charitable giving instruments that can be used to benefit multiple charities.
- Identify three ways that using a percentage or share of an asset may be a better option during times when asset values fluctuate wildly.
- Identify four factors that may lead to gift design bias by a gift planner or charitable organization.
- List ten key points included in the Model Standards of Practice for the Charitable Gift Planner.
For complete details and information on continuing education credit hours, please visit https://masoncompanies.com/credits/wcf2021/.
Presented by Williamsburg Community Foundation and Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.